Ward & Berry PLLC skillfully guides clients through government inquiries and investigations,
including those initiated by Inspectors General of federal agencies, Congressional committees, Suspending and Debarring Officials. We also conduct internal investigations and advise our clients on potential reporting obligations. We play key roles on our clients’ strategic and crisis management teams.
Representative engagements by Ward & Berry PLLC attorneys include:
- Counsel to Founder / Board Chairman of a prominent government contractor in suspension and debarment proceedings commenced by United States Air Force. Obtained favorable resolution of proceedings.
- Prepared multiple defense contractors providing support to U.S. military operations in Afghanistan for testimony before the Commission on Wartime Contracting, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and the Senate Armed Services Committee.
- Counsel to U.S. Secret Service agent and whistleblower in investigations stemming from Cartagena prostitution scandal.
- Counsel to numerous defense contractors in investigations launched by agency Inspectors General, the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction (SIGIR) and the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID).
- Conducted investigation on behalf of compound owner in Baghdad, Iraq, where criminal shooting spree resulted in multiple contractor fatalities.
- Conducted investigation on behalf of U.S. contractor with operations in Afghanistan after employee was implicated in deaths of U.S. troops.
- Conducted investigation of deaths of clients’ employees in a “friendly fire” incident with U.S. troops in Iraq.